Filed under: Merry
A few pics here from our beautiful little girl’s birthday. We are going to have her party sometime in January, but still celebrated as a family on her birth DAY (Christmas day of course!) We praise God for our little Merry often. She is an amazing blessing to our family!
A few facts about Merry:
- She is left-handed (she is writing, eating, coloring, throwing balls, etc. ALL with her left hand)
- Her favorite animal seems to be the chicken (hence the chicken puppet)
- Her favorite food is pizza, broccoli, peanuts (any kind of nut) and milk (this counts as a food, because it is often a food replacement!)
- She is endearingly called “peanut” by Jeremy and she will tell people “I’m daddy’s peanut.”
- She enjoys having books read to her, and two of her favorites are I Like it When by Mary Murphy and The Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown
- She likes going to church, and asks to go on most days of the week
- She can tell you Who made her and why (God, and for His glory)
- She loves spending time with her friends Josiah, Charlie, Caroline, Julia, Grace, Jay, Jed. . .just to mention a few
- She is the most accident prone child ever, I think. . . three falls in ONE day last week!
- She has grown up into a very sweet spirit in our home, and brings a tenderness that only a sweet little lady can bring
It has been very warm here, certainly not white Christmas weather by any stretch! Here is Merry helping Daddy, Uncle Johnny and Elijah wash the car!
We couldn’t leave out the birthday girl’s baby brother. . .here he is enjoying some stocking items being shared by big brother and sister:
Thanks for the new look for the blog, Jeremy! Our family has a new look with Micah added and growing, so it is cute to see us all in Fisher Price Little People form! Things are going well in the Caskey household, busy as ever, three children are definitely different than two! Just a few pics to update everyone. Praying you all have a blessed Christmas!
We have much to be thankful for (yes, I know it’s late for a Thankgiving post, sorry!) as a family. We have spent the last few weeks just spending time together with each other and lots of family from out of town. Micah is growing and is very healthy. He will be four weeks old on Friday. . .wow, does time fly!
Micah is is own sweet personality and it is fun to watch him grow and become more alert (at times other than 3 AM, of course!) He has Jeremy’s same rare blood type and has many features that may make him more of Jeremy’s clone than even Elijah is. . .he even snores like Jeremy. . .already at this young age!
Our out of town guests began with Aunt Beth and Uncle Bryan from North Carolina. It was the first time we got to meet Bryan, and we are thankful that God has blessed Beth with a husband like him. He is very sweet and laid-back and we enjoyed spending time with him. We got to go to the Festival of Lights on James Island with Beth and Bryan, complete with our traditional hot cocoa in thermoses and hot dogs added this year. YUM!
The following week, Jeremy’s parents came for the Thanksgiving holiday as well as his brother Joe and his new bride, Dani. Beth and Bryan were also able to come for a few days also. We are thankful for military hotels. . .I would have really been sweating with that many in our house!
We had a total of 22 for Thanksgiving (19 seated plus 3 babies) – we had family, friends, coworkers and neighbors, so we kept things diverse. . . and it was a very sweet time. Jeremy made two smoked turkeys and we also deep fried four turkey roasts.
The day after Thanksgiving, the young couples without children went out shopping while the rest of us made fun of them being so crazy! In the morning the day after Thankgiving we relaxed and put up the Christmas tree as is tradition in our house and played It’s a Wonderful Life on the TV while we decorated. Bryan heartily joined into the family tradition lifting the children up to put the ornaments on the tree. We gave them the popcorn we had strung together years ago with Beth to use now on their tree.