These were taken yesterday afternoon. Considering the circumstances, we are all doing EXTREMELY well (better than expected).
February to November is a long time, that’s all I have to say. If the Lord so blesses us, we may see Jeremy briefly between training and his actual deployment.
I’m thankful God is so good to us! Thank you for all your prayers and notes of encouragement – we have needed both!
As soon as I have a good address for Jeremy, I will pass it along.
During the conclusion of my latest ladies’ bible study on prayer (excellent, by the way!) our family was blessed with some verses that have been especially applicable as we grapple with the weight of our circumstances. I share them with you for your encouragement and so you have a little idea of the great hope and joy we have been basking in.
“He is the rock, His work is perfect, for all His ways are justice, a God of truth and without injustice; righteous and upright is He.” (Deuteronomy 32:4) “No king is saved by the multitude of an army (we have to laugh because Jeremy is deploying to an Army unit!) a mighty man is not delivered by great strength. A horse (or Hummer, or body armor, or weapon, or armored vehicle) is a vain hope for safety; neither shall it deliver any by its’ great strength. Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy, to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our hearts shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name.” (Psalm 33:16-21
Additionally, Jeremy’s chaplain shared Psalm 91 with the entire group. . .another good passage.
Filed under: Pictures
In preparation for Jeremy’s departure, a photographer here in the area took our photos (a book will be sent to him when he is in Iraq.) Here is the link to view the photos. Log in as Caskey and use the password 0218. We will be getting a price list soon in case anyone wants to purchase any. There are three pages of photos – click on the upper right-hand side numbered links on the site for the additional pages.
Sorry for the lack of blog posts. I plan to get back to it when things slow down here soon.
Jeremy will be leaving sooner than later for Iraq.
Elijah and Jeremy having some quality time listening to soundtracks on his Ipod (see the round speaker Elijah is holding)
Merry and Jeremy having some quality time reading her favorite book, Pat the Bunny.
Some of you have asked what you can do for us. . . I’m keeping a list of who you are so I WILL let you know! ALL of you can pray for us. . .please pray for God’s will, above all. We are also humbly asking God for the following:
1. That God will give Jeremy favor in the eyes of his fellow soldiers – he will be a one-man operation trying to integrate into a very tight-knit group of soldiers
2. That God would provide Jeremy spiritual food, Christian fellowship and discipleship when he is gone
3. That both Jeremy and I would have sensitive hearts to opportunities to minister and share the gospel
4. That we would learn well the lessons God has ordained for us in all this
5. That our time before Jeremy leaves would be sweet and memorable
6. That Jeremy and I would both trust God to do ALL things well, including protecting Jeremy
7. That we would trust and fear God more than anything else
8. That Elijah and Merry would be as little affected as possible
9. That I would handle the separation with grace and strength